Friday, February 28, 2014

Day 26: I Can See the Finish Line!

Hey all!

Thanks for hanging in there with me for 26 days!  I can't believe it's almost over!  I went to Eternal Fitness & Nutrition today for the final weigh-in and body scan, but will reveal the results on my last day!  I had to go a little early because the weigh-in times this weekend conflicted with my work schedule.

For breakfast, I enjoyed another bowl of Raisin Bran.  Oh man, I just realized I ran out of sliced almonds!  Well, I'll just eat it without the almonds tomorrow...no big emergency!

I had the day off, so I had some time to work on packing for my trip to WI next week, paint an art project for our upcoming craft fair at work and do a little cooking.  I cooked up my version of the sweet potato parsnip latkes that Brian made a few weeks ago at the Engine 2 meeting.  Unfortunately, it was a giant fail.  Somehow, there was an overwhelming off-putting taste going on with the pancakes.  I tried eating one topped with unsweetened applesauce, but it just didn't make it much better.  Oh well, at least I tried it out.


For a snack, I made up some more brown rice tortilla chips and ate it with homemade guacamole.  Now, THAT was good!


The only thing about the guacamole was that it gave me a stomachache.  I put in lots of fresh garlic and onion and think it just didn't sit well with my stomach.  I decided to forgo my plans for this afternoon and take a nap with a heating pad on my stomach.  It kinda helped, but I still woke up with a sore stomach.  Maybe it's just more sensitive from the E2 Diet.  Who knows?

I was planning on making some pad thai for dinner, but didn't think I could handle it.  I didn't want to go to the store to grab something that might absorb the icky feeling in my stomach (like a nice big piece of whole grain bread), so I dug through my cupboard until I found an option.  I boiled up the leftover whole grain noodles I bought for the mushroom stroganoff I made a few weeks ago.  I served them in a bowl with a little unsalted vegetable broth with some sliced shitake mushrooms.  I simmered the mushrooms in the broth for a few minutes so they were tender.

This meal helped me feel a bit better.  Yay!


I also whipped up more pudding tonight!  I don't think I'll eat it til tomorrow, but yay! 



Today I felt:  Bummed my latkes didn't turn out, Sore from a sour stomach, Glad my noodles helped my stomach.

Thanks for reading!  Just two more days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment