Monday, February 24, 2014

Day 22: I Lost Some More Weight!

Day 22!  Holy Moly! Just 6 more days!

Today was one of my days off, and that's always fun for me!  I stayed up until about 2:30 AM last night working on some art projects (I can't post photos because they're for my twin's upcoming baby shower!)  After waking up to do some more crafting...then falling asleep again, I finally got up and dug into some Raisin Bran with almond milk.

I lounged around my bedroom, filed my taxes, and finished this adorable art project!  I really wish I could show ya, but my twin reads my blog everyday! Hi Jen!  By the way, my sister is just the best.  You already know that she sent me roses on Valentine's Day, but she calls me every morning and is so supportive of me in everything that I do.  Everyone needs a Jen Coyle in their life!

Ok, let's get back to E2!  I was hungry a couple hours after my cereal, so I had a banana with some almond butter on it.  I love that stuff!  Then, I headed out to Franklin for a Bible study.  I stopped in to Whole Foods to grab a blueberry muffin flavored Larabar.  That was my lunch I guess.  Well, that and some hot green tea with lemon and ginger juice.

I had a great time at the Bible study.  It's great to have time to learn and also chat with some kind ladies about our lives.  I feel very appreciated and special there, which keeps me bouncin' through the day.  :)

After that, I popped into the YMCA.  I didn't have a ton of time to workout, but did lift some weights, and plan to get more workouts in this week....well, that's the hope!  And guess what?  I lost a little more weight!  I figured I wouldn't lose as much as I did in the first portion of the E2 Challenge, but was very excited to see that I lost another 2 pounds since last week!  So, that's a total of 10 pounds in 22 days!  Not bad!  Maybe I'll get another 2 pounds off by weigh-in next week.  There are prizes for the most weight loss at our Engine 2 Meet Ups at Whole Foods, and, being super competitive, I'd LOVE to win one!

When I got home, I got to cooking the garbanzo beans that I soaked overnight.  I put them in a big pot of water and added ground turmeric, ground cayenne pepper, ground paprika, ground cumin, ground ginger and ground garlic powder.  I covered the pot and brought it to a boil and then reduced to a simmer for about and hour...until the garbanzos were tender.  I strained the garbanzos and let them cool before packing them in a jar and putting them in the refrigerator.  I will bake them tomorrow until they are a crispy snack.  I planned on doing it tonight, but it'd take too long and I wanted to get upstairs and have some time to relax.

For supper, I had my favorites: Heather's Hot Chicken Baked Tofu and asparagus.


I also made a fun appetizer (since I didn't have much for lunch and was so hungry), baked brown rice tortilla chips and homemade salsa!  My tomato went rotten (gross!) but I used some leftover homemade enchilada sauce to use as the base.  To that, I added fresh minced garlic, onion, red bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, cilantro and lime juice.  And the last ingredient (which is what I learned at the E2 meeting from Brian) was minced banana!  It added a hint of sweetness and toned down the spice level...since it was pretty darn spicy!  This is such a great snack, and is so easy!


For dessert, I made another batch of chocolate pudding!  I'll probably branch out and try the brownie recipe in a day or so, but I had all the ingredients for this.  I made my Brownie Batter Chia Seed Pudding recipe but also added some unsweetened coconut flakes and avocado.  It was a great mix!


                                                            Yuuuuuuummmmy pudding!

   Day 1: 176 pounds  

Day 22: 166 pounds (10 lbs lost)

Pretty cool to look at these photos together!  What's cookin' good lookin'? :)

Today I felt: Proud of my weight loss, Pleased with my delicious salsa and chips, Glad to make more pudding!  I just can't get enough of it!

Thanks again for reading!  By the way, I reached my goal of 4,000 views!  I'm at around 4,285 views now!  So, maybe I can hit 5,000 views by the end!




No comments:

Post a Comment