Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Day 23: This is Why I Should Plan Ahead!

Hi all!  Day 23 already!  I've had some customers ask me about the challenge, and it's cool to see people are still interested!  I am getting more compliments on the changes in my body.  People say they notice my face is less puffy.  That's pretty rad! 

Today started with my favorite Raisin Bran with almonds and then a banana and almond butter for a snack.  I drank a few hot green teas with lemon and ginger too.

For lunch, I ate a garlicky kale salad and finished up my pad thai leftovers.  They were so good, but I think I packed too much.  It was a lot of noodles and I felt kind of heavy during the last portion of my shift.  I am planning on making more pad thai this week (since I have more green onions and cilantro to use up before it goes bad), but am going to use a spaghetti squash to replace the pad thai noodles.  Thank Jen Coyle, my cool twin, for the genius idea!

I picked up some more groceries at work today and also plan to make the sweet potato/parsnip pancakes with horseradish sauce soon.

I got home tonight and had a terrible headache.  It actually runs from my head and neck down into my shoulder.  I injured that muscle, the trapezius, a few years ago at a gig.  Anyway, the injury has gotten a lot better, but tonight, I'm feeling pretty blah.  I've been in bed for a few hours.  I want to make dinner, but don't feel up to it. My kind roommate offered to make me soup, but we don't really have any fixins in the house for E2 soup, so I'm just sitting up here trying to figure out what to do.  I could have an apple with almond butter, or another bowl of cereal.  I'll get one of those options soon enough.  And I have more pudding, which is packed full of the great nutrients from avocado, chia seeds, bananas and almond milk! 

I'm also too blah for a progress photo. Sorry guys!  But, if you're dying to see what I'm doing, here's a few photos of me and my headache...


 I want my mommy!


 
                                                                Ooowwww my head hurts!


Well guys, tomorrow is another day. I hope to sleep off this headache and wake up feeling lots of energy for work, with added energy afterwards to cook up some good meals.  Good luck to my fellow E2ers and thanks to everyone for reading!

Today I Felt:  Proud of my cooking skills (with my pad thai leftovers), Happy I bought more almond butter, Eager to think of other go-to E2 dishes (that are easy if you aren't feeling up to cooking a lot).

No comments:

Post a Comment