Saturday, March 1, 2014

Day 27: Just One More Day!

Ok, well, we've got just one more day!  I can't believe it's almost over! 

I've learned a lot.  I really like what I learned about how to cook without oil and salt.  Also, I don't crave sugar anymore.  I am fine eating my chocolate pudding sweetened with dates.  My sister talked about taking me to her favorite doughnut shop when I come home to WI next week, but the thought of a whole doughnut is kinda....gross to me.  I mean, she's 33 weeks pregnant, so eat all the doughnuts you want girl!  It's the baby craving them after all....right? :)  But, I'm not so sure my stomach can handle all that sugar. 

I'm also thinking I look a little heavier than I did like a week ago.  You'd think I would look skinnier, but my stomach doesn't look as flat.  But, I had that really bad stomachache yesterday and wasn't feeling the best today, so perhaps I'm a little bloated?

You all know what I had for breakfast, so I'll just skip to snack time.  Guess what?  Nothing's changed...I enjoyed the same thing I always do....granny smith apple and almond butter.  Mmmm!

I didn't pack anything for lunch, so I bought it at work.  I got a salad off the salad bar and used guacamole as the dressing.  I didn't take a photo though!  What was I thinking?!  I topped my mixed greens with artichokes, edamame, cucumbers and sunflower seeds.  It was great! 

I did a lot of cleaning of the kitchen and house when I got home.  Once I was done with that...and getting a mild chemical burn on my hand from the oven cleaner....I got to work on some meals for the week.  I made another batch of enchiladas and some spaghetti squash with homemade marinara sauce.  I wilted some baby kale and filled my enchiladas with that, along with mashed sweet potatoes, sauteed diced zucchini, orange bell pepper, red onion and poblano pepper.  The only thing I didn't like about the enchiladas was the baby kale.  It had long stems and I figured the stems would be soft enough to not bother me, but it was pretty gross to eat.  I ended up picking out the kale when I ate it.  I'll have to just do that when I heat up the other enchiladas.  Could be worse, right?



I finished my dinner with a helping of my delicious chocolate avocado chia seed pudding.  Mmmm!



Hmmmm, I just feel like I look a little more bloated today than I did on other days.  Not sure if I gained a little weight back or am retaining water or something.  Or maybe it's just a different angle.  Well, whatever, it still looks better than Day1!

Today I felt:  Proud to have just one day left, Frustrated with how long it took to cook spaghetti squash, Puzzled by my progress photo.

Good luck to you all!  If you're doing the challenge, WE'RE ALMOST THERE!!! 


1 comment:

  1. I had been plant strong almost a year before this past Christmas but picked up a very small bite of homemade fudge at the family gathering. Yikes, so sweet I looked around for a trash can to spit it out so you may feel the same if you do eat a regular donut. Also, you could use sweet potato in your chocolate pudding instead of avocado, just as tasty & healthy but without the higher fat content.

    ReplyDelete